playing poker and teaching science
- Name: Terry "mrreed" Reed
- Location: Fishers, Indiana, United States
I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. I also try to give back a little by volunteering for a month or so each summer at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Monday, May 06, 2013
A new member of the family
We never made it to the Humane Society. We'd found our new puppy and the chow mix was a part of the family for the next 14 years.
Barklie passed about two years ago and it finally seemed like the right time to add another member to the family.
Juneau is our new Siberian husky. I wanted to name her Togo, after the hero husky who delivered diptheria medicine to the children of Nome, Alaska in 1925, but didn't want to tell the story every time someone ask her name.
It's only been two days but I think she's a keeper :-)
Monday, April 15, 2013
Time for another trip, mon...
Tuesday, April 09, 2013
I love spring break in Mexico!
Friday, March 08, 2013
Taking a trip...
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Ten things to remember
(In no particular order)
1. Camping with my nephew
2. A fun Black & White party
3. A summer poker trip in Las Vegas
4. Thanksgiving in Las Vegas with family
5. The Indy to Minneapolis to DC trip
6. A last minute trip to Cozumel
7. Meeting an amazing judge and beginning as a CASA volunteer
8. Summer trip to Hawaii with amazing dive trips
9. Getting things back to the way they should be
10. Buffett and Mraz concerts
2012 was a great year and 2013 promises to be another good one with trips to Mexico and Italy already in the works!
Stay in the moment. Do something for others. Enjoy the gift of life.
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Spring Break 2013
Aventura Spa Palace, here I come :-)