If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Knowledge is good
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Knowledge is good

I’m a high school wrestling coach and we are in our busiest time of the season for the next three weeks so the poker playing will be sporadic at best. However, it’s one of those things I get paid to do that I would happily do for free, in addition to the fact that my son is a junior on the varsity squad and it’s another two hours each day we get to spend together, so you will hear no complaints.

Even without time at the tables however I feel it’s important to continue to expand my knowledge base, so I’m reading TJ Cloutier’s book about Omaha and Omaha 8, both limit and pot limit.

Omaha 8 is one of my favorite games and pot limit seems to be a game that offers a solid player a lot of post-flop action and is a variation I’d like to work into as the year progresses.

I’ll post anything interesting from my reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home