If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Getting paid to do your laundry
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Getting paid to do your laundry

I’m a teacher. If you have any doubt, take a look at my license plate: IRA TCHR :-) Specifically I teach 8th grade general science but I'm certified to teach all areas of science up through the 12th grade and I have a personal affinity for the physical sciences, including physics.

Naturally I like to experiment.

I’m in the middle of a bonus chasing experiment. It started from reading about the many bonuses available and the assertions by numerous bloggers that persons playing low limit poker who are not also chasing bonuses are at best feeble minded and at worst simply foolish.

Thus began the experiment.

It’s been a while since I deposited money into a poker site and I had a few dollars scattered at a number of locations, so when I took inventory I determined that I could easily lump together $200. I took that $200 and deposited it all into my Party Poker account with the BONUSAPR code they had graciously emailed me and found myself chasing a $40 bonus while I started my laundry Sunday morning.

It was an experiment, but an experiment involving real money so I was very conservative and chose to play two tables of the lowest level Party offers, $.50/$1. I didn’t put a lot of time or thought into table selection as these lowest levels are pretty much the same in my opinion.

I played for about four hours total, made $20 at the tables, and cleared a $40 bonus. That makes the total for the day $60 AND I now have clothes that smell of a mountain morning.

There were not even very many memorable hands, except when I defended a big blind 10,6o to a re-raising maniac and flopped 10 10 6 for the nut full house while he bet into me the entire way and called my re-raise at the end with his powerful Ace high. I think his kicker was an off-suit three.

I love Party Poker.

I simply played ABC, made the money and cashed out up approximately 2.5 big bets per hour (per table) for the actual poker games, but with the bonus added in that translates to 7.5 big bets per hour per table. Not a bad payday while you’re doing laundry.

Reed em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home