If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Painful truth update:
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Painful truth update:

All right children, gather 'round. I'm going to tell you a bedtime story:

2005 on line totals:
April 30, -- $179
May 30, -- $375
June 30 -- $610
July 30 -- $1197

There hasn't been much change in my online play at Party. Good hands, good position, reel in the fish. I have had a couple of days where my concentration slips and I forget my mantra, "You don't have to win very many hands!"

Case in point I call with A 10 suited in clubs in early position and there is a raise and a reraise after me. I fold this hand, right? If an ace falls I'm beat. If a 10 falls I'm beat. It's 160 to one (or something like that I forget) that I flop a winner. CAP IT!!!!! What is it about suited clubs that looks so appealing? To me a suited ace in clubs is the siren's call that becons me into the capped pot and giggles on the beach as I crash into the rocks. I flop second pair and lose to aces.

That took a max win day (remember, I get out when up $45-$50) and made it a below average win day.

I've experimented twice on playing later in the day with great success. I went up $100 in about 20 minutes one day and up $35 in10 minutes another so I think afternoon play requires more investigation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Easycure said...

You are Dan Harrington.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home