If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Finishing Strong
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Finishing Strong



My Huskies finished the dual meet season Wednesday with only two losses out of 35 dual meets. Last Saturday we competed in the Tri High Super Duals, wrestling five dual meets in one day and I couldn't be more proud of the team's performance. We had six wrestlers finish the day undefeated and knocked off a formerly undeafeated team along the way.

To make it even more fun, my son was one of the wrestlers winning all their matches and received a nice medal for his accomplishments.

We have our conference tournament tomorrow and then we start the tournament individual tournament series next Saturday as we host the sectional at home. A couple of tourney wins would be a great way to end a very successful senior season for my son.

Accomplished this season:

Season record: 33-2

Champions: Western Invitational, Peru Invitational, Tri-High Super Duals, Holiday Tourney

GO HUSKIES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home