If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: A Funny Game
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, May 05, 2008

A Funny Game

In what other game can you do well and lose, and then do poorly and win?

Three SNG's in a row I make it to the top three with second getting paid and first claiming a larger game token, and I bust out in third holding the best hands. Then, I accidentally call a raise instead of folding because I'm sending a text to my son and hit the wrong button. I catch a two outer (a deuce to make it worse) and scoop a pot that I had no right to be in.

Funny game.

Let's hope I'm still laughing when I hit the WSOP!

My plans for the summer are laid and the tickets are paid.... for. It shapes up like this:

1. Out of school for the summer May 23.
2. Head to Las Vegas to play in the Omaha 8/b game that starts on June 3rd.
3. Off to Belize to volunteer again for about three weeks beginning June 9th.
4. Summer training for the textbook company I work for part time for a few days in Atlanta at the end of July.
5. Tickets in hand to see Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, and Jimmy Buffett at the Verizon Wireless Music Center, one of the country's premier outdoor music venues.
6. The motorcycle is tuned and ready to ride.

I strive for balance in my life and my goals reflect that. We'll have to see if it pays off as I get my feet wet at the WSOP this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger --S said...

Good luck in the Omaha tourney when you're out here in Vegas.

I miss watching concerts at Deer Creek (to this day, I still refuse to call it by it's corporate name...cause I'm stubborn that way) - sounds like this year's lineup is a good one!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home