If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: Take a licking and keep on ticking…
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Take a licking and keep on ticking…

I thought I’d been beaten like the proverbial red-headed stepchild at the poker tables during my annual spring break trip to South Daytona last week, but in retrospect I actually fared fairly well.

With one notable exception…

Omaha 8/b is a favorite game of mine, but I had a horrible run of cards and lost to two and three outers hand after hand. Then, trying to recoup my losses, played too many hands. I was running bad and adopted a guaranteed losing strategy. Smart move. I did learn from my mistake….. I hope...

At the hold em table I played well. I lost my entire stack when I flopped set over set and then lost to the case (gulp) deuce. Top full house 88822 and lost to quad deuces with all the money in on the flop.

What are you going to do?

I kept playing and was back to scratch two hours later with absolutely NO notable hands. Just solid, tight-aggressive play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home