If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: It's that time again!
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

It's that time again!


My favorite day has arrived. Actually, I think it was a day earlier that it really occurred, but it was cloudy and I couldn't tell for sure. My favorite day of the year is when I'm driving to work and the sun is just peeking over the horizon. That means summer is almost here and for a school teacher, that spells 70+ days off in a row!
.
*Sidebar: I HATE daylight savings time! I could go through all the reasons why, but that would be a long post indeed. The only thing about daylight savings time I do like is the fact that they changed the date it goes into effect. When it first started in Indiana would have my favorite day of the year with the sun greeting me on my way to work bringing with it the promise of summer, and then the time would change and it would be dark again! A pox on daylight savings time!
.
Back to summer....
.
Plans have been made, purchases have been made, all that remains is for summer to arrive. Here's the line up so far:
1. Jimmy Buffett concert
2. Four days in Vegas
3. Tom Petty concert
4. Volunteer trip to Belize
.
Tentative plans are in the works for a possible rafting trip, and naturally a few hands of poker, but summer is definitely coming.
.
My favorite day says so!
.
Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home