If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: A simple update
My Photo
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. I also try to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A simple update

1. From the comment of the day department: I ask a young lady in class a simple question: "Why do you have glitter on your face?" Her answer was equally simple: "Because it's my favorite color." Apparently the NEW Roy G. Biv color spectrum is red, orange, yellow, GLITTER, blue indigo, violet...

2. Spring break in Isla Mujeres was simply fantastic! I cannot recommend the Palace Resort on Isla highly enough! Be advised however: It's small, quiet, and peaceful. The picture above is where I drank my morning coffee for seven great days in a row.

3. The summer card playing days in Las Vegas are set. I got a great rate at Bally's (no resort fee!) and was able to secure a non-stop flight on Southwest using my Visa points. June 18-20. I'll be looking for an Omaha 8b game near the strip. Any ideas?

4. Summer concerts are the best! I already have tickets to see and hear the Zac Brown Band, Jimmy Buffett, and Jason Mraz, all at the Deer Creek/Verizon/Klipsch outdoor music venue.

5. I'll be heading back to Hawai'i to visit my brother and sister in July.


Blogger lightning36 said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Education and poker CAN coincide!

I see that you will be leaving Las begas just as I am entering this summer. Staying at Bally's is great since it is my favorite poker room. I would be interested to read your take on poker in the Indy area.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home