If you're ready for a zombie apocalypse, then you're ready for any emergency. emergency.cdc.gov
playing poker and teaching science: A new member of the family
My Photo
Name:
Location: Honolulu, HI, United States

I'm a middle school science teacher, wrestling coach, poker player, scuba diver, aikido black belt, amateur writer, and student of life. In the past I have tried to give back a little by volunteering at a children's home in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. I also love Frosted Flakes. I took a year-long sabbatical from my science teaching position in order to sail the Caribbean, retired from teaching in Indiana and now teach at a Honolulu middle school.

Monday, May 06, 2013

A new member of the family

Barklie was the best dog ever. We were actually on our way to the Humane Society to look at puppies and stopped briefly at Petsmart to check out the puppy stuff, only to find Animal Control set up there with a little black fluff ball who had been abandoned along side the road.

We never made it to the Humane Society. We'd found our new puppy and the chow mix was a part of the family for the next 14 years.

Barklie passed about two years ago and it finally seemed like the right time to add another member to the family.

Juneau is our new Siberian husky. I wanted to name her Togo, after the hero husky who delivered diptheria medicine to the children of Nome, Alaska in 1925, but didn't want to tell the story every time someone ask her name.

It's only been two days but I think she's a keeper :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home